Saturday, November 04, 2006

Restless...

So I went to Chicago to visit my friend Beth, and I had a great time and saw many things and had many adventures, and Beth is wonderful. But since I returned I have been restless. I always seem to get that way once I'm back from a trip. I think perhaps it's because you get out and you see that the world is really such a big place and there's so much of it that you're not seeing.
So I had lunch with my friend Brian today and he's just back from Key West. I hopped into his truck and asked how things were going and he said, “I dunno, man. Since I got back from my trip I'm just in a bad mood. Restless I guess.”
And I had to laugh, and then we talked about how the world is a big place and how we're not seeing all of it...

1 comment:

Lanny said...

Yes it's true. We did a Route 66 road trip last week and so far this week, I can't shake a mild funk. It's the downside to vacationing.