Monday, December 18, 2006

Where's Linus when you need him?

Well I just can't seem to work up any Christmas spirit this year. I don't have the holiday blues, precisely. I'm just not interested. Tried watching the George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol yesterday. That's probably my favorite version, though it's a close race with the Alistair Sim version. Usually Scrooge can get me at least a little into the spirit. It's my favorite Christmas story. But no, just not feeling it.
I'll try some of my other old standbys later in the week. Read The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes Christmas tale and maybe August Derleth's Adventure of the Unique Dickensians.
I saved the Christmas episode of Doctor Who on the first season boxed set. It has Charles Dickens and zombies. That should help.
Wednesday will be the Christmas get together at Dr. No's, my pal Cliff's comic store, where I'll gather with my good friends. That should help too.
And if none of that does the trick, well, I'll just have to call this year a wash and hope next year will be better.

1 comment:

whitney said...

I had the same feeling at the store the other night.

First, no chestnuts. What am I supposed to roast? (not that i'm going to eat them)

Second, no Mint Chocolate Terry's Orange.

(I forget what the third was)

Then, just as I was about to cancel Christmas (for that store at least) I found the chestnuts.