Monday, January 22, 2007

Drama in Real Life...

So I rescued a cat yesterday. Well, rescue might be too strong a word. I reunited a cat with his owner. Here's what happened. I had noticed a Lost Cat flyer hanging at the apartment mailboxes earlier in the week. Fairly standard looking cat. Gray with black stripes. People put stuff like that up all the time, though it seems to be dogs who go missing more than cats.
Anyway, I went to Border's early yesterday morning. Got home about 10:00 am in a driving rain. As I hurried into the breezeway I caught some movement on the stairs leading to the apartments above mine. I walked up and there was a gray cat with black stripes. The cat wouldn't come to me, but he didn't try to get away either.
Now the mailboxes are about fifty yards down the hill from my building and it was raining really hard, but I shrugged and walked down the hill to check the flyer. It sure looked like the same cat, so I tore the flyer down and went back to my apartment and called the phone number from the flyer.
I woke some college girl up, but she was okay with it once I told her why I was calling. She lived several buildings away but she came up wearing sweats and a ball cap, and it was indeed her cat. The girl was very happy and the cat seemed glad to see her. Tonto and I rode away before she could thank us...

2 comments:

LK said...

You Superhero, you.

Jeri said...

My hero. :)