Saturday, January 20, 2007

Secret Masters of Callisto


My novella, Secret Masters of Callisto, is being serialized at ERBzine. The first chapter is up now.

http://www.erbzine.com/mag17/1745.html

The introduction tells how and why I came to write this story, but it doesn't tell how proud I am to have the novella up on the official webzine of Edgar Rice Burroughs. Burroughs, through his books about Tarzan, John Carter of Mars, Carson of Venus, Pellucidar, and all the rest, was one of the bright spots of my childhood. At some point I'll talk more about Burroughs and me, but it's a long, involved story and I'm not quite up to writing it today. For now I'll just reiterate that I'm absolutely thrilled to have a sword & planet story up at the site of one of the men who gave me my 'sense of wonder.'
Also I guess I feel that in some small way I'm paying back Lin Carter, the author of the Callisto series, by writing this story. Carter is another of my favorites, but his story too is one that will require a mini-essay. I'll get to it at some point. Anyway, if you want to read some of my fiction, zip on over to ERBzine. Take your cloak and your sword, and prepare to travel to the Jungle Moon of Jupiter. To Thanator. To Callisto...

2 comments:

cliff said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the rest of the story!

Lanny said...

I'm hooked! Can't wait for the next installment!