Monday, February 12, 2007

Charles's Low Fat Grilled Chicken Salad.

I am wearing my new smaller Dockers today. In honor of the smaller waistline I am presenting my first ever recipe here at the blog. This is one of the staples of my eating plan. It's fast, easy, and I can make it without dirtying a pan or pot. But most importantly, it actually tastes good.
Start with salad vegetables. Choose your favorites but I use lettuce, onions, shredded carrots and cabbage.
Add olives and Kraft Free fat free cheddar and mozarella cheese. Toss with Kraft fat free Zesty Italian dressing. Don't over do the dressing. It's fat free, but not calorie free. Add half a package of Purdue Short Cuts pre-cooked grilled chicken strips. Fajita style works best for me. Serve with Coke Zero.
You can heat the chicken, but I usually just eat it cold. A big bowl is less than 300 calories and less than 10 grams of fat.

3 comments:

LK said...

A historic moment in blogging.

Jared said...

I have to try it now.

cliff said...

Another easy recipe using Short Cuts chicken--

Slice a green pepper and an onion into strips; add a small amount (a teaspoon or so) of salsa, then wrap in aluminum foil. Grill or bake in the oven for about thirty minutes to soften the peppers; mix them with the chicken strips and serve over romaine lettuce, adding salsa and fat free cheese. For added zest, you can mince a small amount of cilantro and put it into the foil with the peppers and onions.

Pilgrim's Pride also offers a fully cooked lime-marinated chicken breast (the flavor is listed as lime, but it includes some other spices in the marinade, of course) that has a great, fresh flavor.