Friday, February 16, 2007

People are Safe When Near Him...


I was in Movie Stop the other day, just browsing, and I noticed that they had the boxed sets of the Kevin Sorbo Hercules series on sale for $19.95. That's less than a buck an episode, and I always kind of liked that show so I just picked a season at random (season five) and brought it home. I'd forgotten how much I liked Sorbo's portrayal of Hercules. he's just so likable and heroic. Plus there are lots of fights and monsters and scantily clad ladies. What's not to like? I'll probably end up picking up the other seasons at some point. Nice to have on hand to watch while I eat dinner.
Boxed sets are great. Cliff has loaned me quite a few and I've really enjoyed watching entire runs of series like Kung Fu and the Adventures of Superman. Other friends have loaned me things I've missed in my almost three years without TV. (I have a television, but I don't have cable. How do you think I have all that time to read?)
Anyway, I'm having fun hanging out with Hercules. Maybe I'll pick up the Xena box sets too...

No comments: