Thursday, March 08, 2007

Big Box O Conan



When I got to Dr. No's last night I found that the 81 issues of Savage Sword of Conan that I'd won on EBay had arrived. (I have all my packages shipped to Dr. No's because it's much easier than picking them up at the post office.) I was very pleased of course, because I'd been anxiously awaiting their arrival. So now I have a massive stack of Conan comics to read through.
However, it made it a little hard to leave and come to work this morning. Remember when you were a kid and you'd get toys from Santa on Christmas morning, but then your parents would drag you off for lunch at your grandparents house and you'd have to leave your new toys, barely played with, there on the floor? That was me this morning, casting a wistful glance at the big box o comics as left the apartment.
Heck, I might have taken a day off, but we have one guy out sick and my manager has to go visit a customer today, which would leave the engineering department woefully understaffed, so being a dependable sort, I made myself come on in. But I can hear the siren song of those comics here at my desk even now...

No comments: