Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A Day Off

Things have been a little crazy at work for the last few weeks and I've worked a ton of overtime. This week things finally calmed down a bit so I decided to take a day off. The way things fell out it had to be today or Thursday. It's supposed to rain Thursday so I decided if I wanted to enjoy the spring weather it would have to be today. I stayed in bed until 7:00, which for me is sleeping in. Then I got up and scrambled some egg beaters and ate them with organic oatmeal and some sliced turkey. Disgustingly healthy and protein packed.
So what do I plan to do? No plan at all. I might go to a used bookstore. I might have sushi for lunch. I might sit around and read comic books all day. Might even write a little fiction. Just whatever comes to mind. The idea is to chill. To relax. To Chillax.

3 comments:

Lanny said...

I thought you couldn't eat fish...

Enjoy your day off. I'm jealous.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, and you're right. I couldn't go anywhere I was expected to eat fish. But I have learned which sushi contains shrimp, crab, etc, and those I can eat. Shellfish fine. Finny Fish bad.

Lanny said...

Well that's just awesome...

I now have hope for another unfullfilled dream: sitting at a sushi bar with my friend Charles. I gotta move back to Georgia before I cross Jordan.