Saturday, March 03, 2007

Family Gathering

I'll be out for a steak dinner tonight with my mom and dad, my brother, his wife, and my two nephews. We are celebrating a passel of achievements. My dad has spent the last several months studying to not only reactivate his real estate license, but to get licensed as a real estate appraiser as well. He passed his test this week and has his shiny new license. Go dad.
My sister in law passed a test too this week, in the insurance business, and now she has certification that will bring her higher pay and more opportunities. Go sis in law.
And me? I got my yearly review at work and was rated outstanding and given a very nice raise. Go me.
So anyway, we're all going out tonight to Longhorn Steakhouse, where I will have a rib-eye steak, a big salad with low fat dressing and perhaps some steamed vegetables. I've lost right at 18 pounds now, so I don't want to break my regime, even for a celebration. Speaking of which, I seriously need to buy a new belt.

No comments: