Friday, March 23, 2007

Hyperborea

This is a double call back post. See earlier posts on Clark Ashton Smith and The Ballantine Adult Fantasy series. I mentioned a few posts back how much I enjoyed a recent collection of CAS's short stories. My favorite story in the book was The Tale of Satampra Zeiros, one of Smith's stories about Hyperborea. I enjoyed it so much, in fact, that I decided that while I was waiting for the next volume of CAS stories from Nightshade books, I would order an old paperback collection of the Hyperborea stories, originally published in 1971 by Ballantine, with notes and an introduction by Lin Carter. So I get another volume in the BAF series, a new essay by Lin Carter, and a bunch of short stories by Clark Ashton Smith. Heck, it's a triple call back post! Life is good.

2 comments:

lk said...

Chas. Link your previous posts in THIS post. ;) It's a blog--you gotta Meta here! Meta!

Lanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.