Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Scouring of the Shower

Thursday, while I was at the grocery store, I picked up a new mop and some extra cleaning supplies. Figured the apartment was due for a major cleaning. I keep the place clean. I vacuum. I dust. I clean the bathrooms. But occasionally you just have to get down and scrub the place really really clean. Spring Cleaning, as it were. I decided that NEXT weekend would be the weekend. I'd just go ahead and get the stuff and be ready this weekend.
So anyway, the job I was dreading the most was the complete scrub down of the bathtub. I planned to get in there with a sponge and a bottle of Clorox and rid the world of soap scum. Get in all the corners and under the rails. So I'm standing in the bathroom this morning, thinking, geez, next week I'll have to do the cleaning and all, and I suddenly think, what the hey, I'll just go ahead and do it. So I did. Next week I will sweep and dust and mop, which won't be nearly as unpleasant now that the worse job is over.

4 comments:

lk said...

Good thing you got it done now. Next weekend you'll be play LOTRO. ;)

Lanny said...

...watch out for Grima Soapscum...while your scouring...the shower...

um...never mind...

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Laura, You're addicted. heh.

Lanny, I figured you'd catch that pun. And you did.

lk said...

I'd rather play than scrub the shower and you call that addicted?? ;P