Sunday, April 29, 2007

Random Thoughts

Well I broke down and had to buy new Dockers this weekend, and those things are not cheap, let me tell ya. Thus it was another famous 'no entertainment money' weekend. No early morning Borders run. No wandering through Movie Stop for discounted Xena DVDs. A lot of reading. A lot of sorting of Savage Sword of Conan comics, and a lot of mindless net surfing.
It's always hard when Sunday night rolls around and I feel like I spent the weekend without accomplishing anything. Makes me feel like life is passing me by. Not much I can do right now. But I'm down to four months now until all my debts are paid. I'll have a lot more walking around money after August. Just have to stay the course until then.
I didn't do much writing this weekend but I thought a lot about it and did some research for a couple of new projects. More about that later. Basically I'm pretty much abandoning any fiction I had in progress. I'm a little tired of most of my old ideas. I'll be rethinking my writing career, I think. Closing some doors and opening some others. I'm in one of those periods where I can feel change coming, but it's still down the road, and I can't make it get here any faster. All I can do is be ready. I am an apostle of the possible.

No comments: