Saturday, April 07, 2007

XXX-cellent


I picked up the Vin Diesel film Triple X a while back. (Four bucks at Movie Stop) Finally got around to watching it yesterday. I'd become a fan of Vin's after seeing him as Riddick in the movie Pitch Black and then the follow up Chronicles of Riddick. Chronicles is the best Conan film anyone's made. Trust me. Substitute sorcery for spaceships and it's a Conan film. I'd really like to see Vin play Conan. He would, of course, need a lot more hair.
Anyway, Triple X is a very enjoyable action spy film with lots of cool stunts and fights. Diesel turns in a solid performance and manages to bring a surprising amount of charm to his character. A good bit of humanity too. There's one scene where the very much non-professional secret agent is absolutely horrified at an act of mass murder.
I didn't like the female lead much. She had that starved runway model/heroin addict look that I don't really care for and her attempts at being pouty would have worked a lot better if she had actually had lips to speak of, but that's a minor quibble. I wasn't there for the romance.
Anyway, Glad I bought this one. Definitely watch it again.

No comments: