Thursday, May 31, 2007

Mid Year Thoughts

Last day of May and I'm thinking about dates. Not the movie and dinner kind. The calendar kind. On July 7th I'll have been in my current job for five years. This was really supposed to be a temporary thing, but I've ended up hanging around, mostly because of the convenience and the flexibility the job offers. So one more month until that anniversary.
I begin my third year in Kennesaw tomorrow, starting my third lease at my apartment. Hard to believe I've been living here that long, but it's true.
After I write the checks for June's bills I will be two months from being out of debt. August is my last loan payment and last truck payment. Three years of budgeting and discipline will finally pay off. It's tough being this close, because I just want it to be done, and I actually have the money to just pay it all off, but that would lower my reserve and I might need that for something important or even just to take a trip. I'm cautious with money these days. I always was except for the one period that got me into debt in the first place. I learned my lesson.
As I've touched upon in earlier posts, I knew that 2007 would be a year to take care of a few things. Get some accumulated weight off. Get out of debt. Handle a couple of other things. All of that is coming to a point of completion right here at the mid point of the year.
What comes next? I dunno. Got a few plans and a few ideas, but for the most part I'm making this up as I go along.

No comments: