Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ow

I have a reoccurring injury. I ended up getting a severe muscle pull, almost a tear, in my right trapezes about seven years ago. (That's the big muscle between the shoulder and the neck, to save you looking it up.) It's the only injury I received during my martial arts training that actually incapacitated me for a couple of days. Periodically I re-injure the muscle. Not as seriously as the first time, but it's still painful and keeps me from doing much of a workout. I pulled it again last Thursday, meaning that I got to spend most of my 4 day Holiday weekend in a not inconsiderable amount of pain. It's okay. Pain and me are old friends. Wasn't enough to keep me from enjoying my time off. Just irritating. It's better today and I should be back to normal by the weekend. Now some folks would say that it's just because I'm getting older. Me, I go with Indiana Jones' take. It's not the years, it's the mileage.

No comments: