Monday, July 16, 2007

Free At Last

Because of some weird paperwork stuff with my truck loan I ended up making the last payment today, three weeks early. Since that happened I just decided to go ahead and finish off my other loan as well. And just like that, I'm out of debt. I had begun to write a lengthy post, explaining how I had incurred the debt in the first place, but you know, it doesn't really matter, and I'm tired of talking about it. I've spent the last three years scrimping and budgeting and often doing without. Now I'm done.
A bit past the midpoint of 2007 and I've accomplished my two major goals. I've lost more than 50 pounds and I don't owe anyone anything. No more loan. No more truck payment. I've got a clean slate here.
It's kind of a freeing feeling. I could move to a nicer apartment if I wanted. I could make a major electronics purchase without worrying. I can make impulse buys of books and such. I can actually take a decent vacation trip. A little more money opens up a lot of possibilities.
Don't worry. I'm not going on a spending spree. Mostly I plan to save the extra money. But it's nice to know that I'm not living as close to the edge as I have been for the past three years.

3 comments:

lk said...

Woot! Whoo Hoo! Party!

I'm back but unable to get online/mail etc yet. Will be awhile it appears before it's more than fly by.

Truly, congrats.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks. Glad you're back in any event.

Jeri said...

Congratulations! That is a major accomplishment.t