Sunday, July 22, 2007

So long, Herc


Looking back through my blog I see that I started watching Hercules:The Legendary Journeys back in February. This evening I watched the last episode of the series, Full Circle. I've compressed six seasons of the series into six months, watching one episode most nights and sometimes two or three over a weekend. That was broken up by two seasons of Xena:Warrior Princess, but for the most part I've spent half a year in the company of the son of Zeus. I've had a lot of fun with the series and I'm a little sad to have reached the end. The good thing is, since I own them all on DVD, I can just wait about a year and then watch them again. And of course I still have four seasons of Xena left, though I think I'll take a break from ancient Greece for a bit.
The main thing that I liked about Hercules was that he always tried to do the right thing. He was a good role model and I think overall the show had a positive message for kids and for adults who think like kids. Anyway, as I said, I'm kind of sorry to see the big guy go.
A funny side note from the wrap party. When asked to do the Hercules series, producer Rob Tapert asked if he could do Conan instead. The rights weren't available then. Probably just as well.

No comments: