Thursday, August 02, 2007

Muggy

Woke up about 1:00 AM to a feeling of damp and heavy air. Humidity levels in the ever humid south have been worse then usual the last couple of days. Most nights, I bump the AC off just as I go to bed. I'm usually asleep before the apartment warms up and by the time I wake up, the morning is cool enough not to be a problem. If I let the AC run all night I tend to wake up with clogged sinuses.
This morning, when I awoke in something akin to a sauna, I got up and turned the AC back on. When I woke up again at 5:00, I was slightly congested, but I don't think I'd have been able to get back to sleep in the heat and humidity without the AC, so there ya go.
Showered and shaved, I walked out my front door into a wall of humidity. I was sticky before I even reached my truck. I'm ready for fall now. Bring it on.

No comments: