Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Welcome to My Nightmare

Had a real corker of a nightmare last night. One of those where you wake up with your heart pounding and it takes you a couple of seconds to realize you were only dreaming. It involved a running battle with some horribly grotesque re-animated corpses in an old movie theater. Not zombies, exactly. These were the ghosts of really evil people who had somehow retained control of their bodies after death. Not pretty. As I said before, my subconscious hates me.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

I dreamed last night that I was dying. I dreamed I was losing conscience and pulled someone's arm to let them know, then I just blacked out and heard my heart thunder in my ears and hoped fervently that they were able to help me.

Fortunately, some part of my brain kicked in and reminded me that I was dreaming. I was able to snap out of it and wake up. My heart was beating just fine. But it felt frighteningly real.

I wonder what's up with us.

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Dunno, Jeri. I've always had a lot of nightmares, but this one was particularly vivid. I can only recall a couple that were this intense.