Sunday, September 30, 2007

CAN Put it Down

Started reading a historical novel last night called Dawn of Empire. takes place in 3158 B.C. in Mesopotamia. Now here's the thing. I read 162 pages last night and while I was reading I thought the book okay, though nothing spectacular. But upon waking this morning, I find that I have absolutely no interest in picking the book back up. It held my attention while I was reading it, but it's now highly unlikely that I will finish it. I find that this happens with a lot of books lately. They're just good enough that it's like watching some TV programs. If you're there and it's on, you'll watch it, but you wouldn't go to any effort to tune in. Anyway, anybody needs a copy of Dawn of Empire, let me know...

1 comment:

Kris Eton said...

I have had the same problem for MONTHS now. I can't seem to find a book that makes me want to curl up in bed for hours and be unable to sleep because I must read one more chapter.

Where did these books go? Or have my standards gotten higher??? It's irritating.