Sunday, September 30, 2007

Torchwood


Fickle sort that I am, I've already thrown Rosario Dawson over for Eve Myles, who plays Gwen Cooper on Torchwood. Myles has a down to earth beauty that's very appealing and I'm a sucker for the Welsh accent.
What is Torchwood? It's a spin off from the new Doctor Who series. Think of it as men in Black meets CSI. An organization of special ops who deal with extra terrestrial menaces. Headquartered in Cardiff, they have a high tech base and a lot of nifty gadgets. They spend a lot of time wandering rainy city streets looking for monsters.
The team leader is Captain Jack Harkness, a character originally introduced in the first season of the new Doctor Who. Jack is seemingly immortal. He doesn't age and he can't die. His origins are shrouded in mystery and while he seems to be an American, he also seems to be an extra terrestrial himself. The show has plenty of action, a dose of romance, and lots and lots of monsters. As we know, I love monsters.
The show is currently running on BBC America, which I of course don't get in my cable free environment, but Whitney was kind enough to burn a DVR of some of the episodes for me, and Cliff is going put some on DVD.

1 comment:

Bentochan said...

I'm glad you like it, let me know when you need the last two eps. I'm currently eyeing an ebay auction for Torchwood work badges. Grrrr, why does it have to be so good?