Thursday, October 18, 2007

Vacation Day

I'm off today. The end of the year approaches and I still have vacation days to burn. It's use em or lose em at my work place, so I am using em. I'm off today and probably tomorrow, though I told my manager to email me if any emergency drafting stuff came up an I'd swing by Friday morning and do it. But today I'm definitely off.
I need to go to the grocery store. I learned this when I went to make some breakfast. The cupboard is not bare but it's definitely low on provisions. I'm out of cereal, oatmeal, and turkey sausage, which rather limited my breakfast choices. I ended up scrambling the remainder of a carton of Egg Beaters and eating a cup of yogurt. That'll hold me until lunchtime.
I have no real plans. I'm sitting here now with the windows open and the autumn breeze blowing in, just enjoying the morning. I imagine I'll hit a bookstore at some point. I plan to swing by Doctor No's and pick up a DVD player that Cliff is loaning me. It plays DVRs and stuff that mine doesn't, and also plays VHS tapes, which could occasionally come in handy.
I plan to get a pizza at some point. I'm gearing up to drop another ten pounds or so, so I think I'll binge a bit this weekend just to get it out of my system. I did that last December, and it helped me get into a weight loss mood.
I might work out. But I doubt it. I pretty much plan for this to be a vacation day in the true sense of the word.

No comments: