Monday, November 12, 2007

Entertaining Myself

Some of you know I can sing, you've actually heard me. Some of you have even heard my Elvis impression which has been described as "scarily on target." One of the things that I do to entertain myself when I'm driving is to sing songs in Elvis's voice that he never actually sang. Some work and some don't. Today I was singing Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box.

She eyes me like a Pisces when I am weak
I've been locked inside your heart-shaped box for weeks
I've been drawn into your magnet tar pit trap
I wish I could eat your cancer when you turn back

You don't know what fun is until you imagine the King singing 'eat your cancer'. Actually this one would have been pretty good for Elvis. Cranks up nicely at the chorus. Works much better than Nine Inch Nails' Closer, I can tell you.

No comments: