Friday, November 16, 2007

Reading Report Redux

I find that I'm still not in the mood for novel reading, or possibly I just haven't found the right novel. I started the sixth Women's Murder Club book by James Patterson and Andrew Vachss' new thriller, but just couldn't get into either. I think that has more to do with me than the two authors. I put both books aside and will try again later. I've read my way through most of the stories in the five volumes of Swords Against Darkness, leaving only one of the Ramsey Campbell Ryre stories to go. That's been my favorite series in the anthologies. I ordered a collection of Campbell's stories from Amazon which should arrive soon.
Wednesday I picked up The Metatemporal Detective, Michael Moorcock's collection of stories about Sir Seaton Begg, who solves mysteries in the various parallel dimensions of the Multiverse. There are three stories that I haven't read in that volume. Might read some of that this weekend.
I should probably start looking around for some Christmas reading. I like to read stories set at Christmas, particularly mysteries. I think Anne Perry has a new short Christmas novel out, come to think of it.
In the meantime, I'm doing a re-read of Mark Finn's biography of Robert E. Howard. I'm planning on getting Steve Martin's memoir 'Born Standing Up' which looked very interesting. Couple of other things on the horizon but nothing I'm just dying to read. If you've been following this blog for a while you know that sometimes I read one book after another, just tearing through them for weeks at a time. Then I'll hit slow periods like this one, where I tend to read a lot of short stories and non-fiction. Reading is a constant, but the quantity does vary.

No comments: