Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving went much better than last year. My family and I went to the assisted living home to visit my grandmother again but this year the home let us use their arts and crafts room so we were able to pull some tables together and all sit down to eat breakfast together almost as if we were still at Ma Bess's house. We had brought food and coffee and orange juice, so it went very well.
That afternoon I went to my brother's house and my sister in law had outdone herself in terms of cooking, so I fulfilled the thanksgiving tradition of eating entirely too much and then going home to sleep it off.
I made a pretty comprehensive list in last year's blog post of the things I am thankful for, and looking at it, I see that it hasn't changed much, so I won't spend time amending it. I will say, after looking at it again, that I am often more fortunate than I deserve, and I'm thankful for that.

No comments: