Monday, December 24, 2007

Can't Win for Losing

So I got a head cold last month and it took forever to get over it, but it finally went away. Unfortunately right before I left work last week for the holidays, almost everyone in the office had a cold. I tried to stay clear of them. I washed my hands constantly. I thought I'd slipped by, but no, I got it. I imagine my immune system was still weak from the previous cold. Anyway, it doesn't seem to be as bad as the last one, but it's bad enough to be annoying. Just not my year. Of course, traditionally, when I have a cold, it always seems to be at Christmas. The worst case of the flu I ever had was right in the middle of the holidays.
As a result, there's a good chance I won't be going to the Rutledge family gathering at the assisted living home where my grandmother lives this evening. She's pretty frail now and there's no way I'm going to expose her to any sort of cold germs. I feel pretty good this morning, but we'll see how the day goes.

No comments: