Friday, December 14, 2007

Morning Thoughts

Saw a shooting star this morning. That's always kind of nifty. Reminded me of one night years ago when I was out late and happened to look up as I got home, just in time to see a meteorite shower. For a moment I wondered if earth was being invaded as falling star after falling star hurtled across the night sky.
This was one of those mornings when I woke up and my brain said, "Gee, I'm glad it's Saturday." Then, about four seconds later it said, "It's not Saturday, you idiot. It's Friday! Now get up and go to work so you can make money and buy me some protein!"
Stupid pushy brain...

So, it's like a week before Christmas. I have bought all of my presents, though I have yet to wrap any of them. I'd better do that before Bruce comes to visit because I can't even read a newspaper without him attacking it, so I imagine trying to wrap packages won't go well.
Haven't really done anything Christmassy as of yet. Haven't even dug out my Frank Sinatra Christmas CD, which is my default Christmas soundtrack. Maybe I'll watch some sort of Christmas movie this weekend, but somehow I doubt it. Usually save all that for the weekend before Christmas. My Standard Christmas films are two different versions of a Christmas Carol and The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, which is the Sherlock Holmes Christmas story. Sometimes I will add How the Grinch Stole Christmas, (the cartoon, not the movie) Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Story. Oh, and I have three Doctor Who Christmas specials, two of which I've never seen.
Looking at my Christmas posts for last year I see that I never managed to get into the proper Christmas spirit and hoped that this year would go better. So far it hasn't. I'm not down about the Holidays or anything. Just not terribly interested.

No comments: