Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Birthday


So, the birthday. So far so good. I didn't manage to sleep late, but hey, that's just how I am, but I got up and made breakfast and enjoyed several cups of coffee. Then I answered emails and did the usual net stuff. About 9:00 I headed out to Barnes & Noble, then Borders, then Movie Stop. Had a Starbuck's Cinnamon Dulce Latte in there somewhere.
Didn't buy any books but I got several DVDs. I've been enjoying the new Doctor Who series so much I decided to pick up some of the episodes from the original series. I got Logopolis, which was Tom Baker's final episode and Castrolvalva, which was Peter Davidson's first episode, and coincidentally the first episode of Doctor Who I ever saw. And I got The Mark of the Rani, which features two renegade Time Lords, the Master and the Rani, with Colin Baker as the Doctor. Three different Doctors and two extra Time Lords. Can't beat it.
I also picked up the boxed set of the first season of StarGate Atlantis, which Cliff had recommended as something I might like. Used some of the birthday money I got last night when I was out to dinner with my parents, my brother, and his family.
Then I ran a couple of errands, then came back home and watched Logopolis. I enjoyed it. Probably been twenty years since i actually watched one of the old series of Doctor Who. Then I settled down to read Steve Martin's memoir, Born Standing Up. I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm just up to the point where he talks about writing for Television in the 1960s which should be interesting.
Anyway, Trish is on her way up here to take me to dinner, so I have a bit more Birthday celebrating to do. It's been a good day, though. And I didn't waste it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

~~Happy Birthday to Chas!~~

Go buy a computer dang you

Gail, aka Dogma said...

Hey, it's time for a late Happy Birthday Wish!

Hope you had a great day.