Sunday, February 03, 2008

Sunday Evening Blues

Well it's another one of those Sunday evenings when I look back at the weekend and see that I've accomplished very little. That never makes me happy. I had hoped to do some writing, but aside from a few posts at a friend's RPG board, I didn't do much. Oddly enough, reading back through those posts, I was reminded how my 'hacked out' writing isn't really much worse than my 'serious' writing. With a little editing there wouldn't be any difference. I have the skill set pretty firmly in place now. Of course that also doesn't make me happy because it means I'm an even worse procrastinator than I thought because I've obviously shown that I always CAN write. The words will come if I force them and they won't be bad. So if I can write and don't it must just mean that I've nothing to say. The drive isn't there as it once was. It's not gone. It's just changed.
See, there's the trouble with a sluggish weekend. Too much time for introspection. I should know better. But I didn't have anything really good to read so I just mucked about, watching the extras on my Torchwood DVDs and mindlessly surfing the internet. And now it's Sunday night and all too soon it will be Monday morning and I'll get up and feel bad because I wasted the weekend.
At least I have Tuesday off. Why? Because it's my birthday and I like to take my birthday off when I can. There's nothing overly pressing at work and I have plenty of vacation and my post-debt bank account looks better than it has in years, so hey, I'm taking the day off. Of course I'll probably waste that one too...

3 comments:

lk said...

Are you going to buy yourself a new comp?

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Waiting for my tax refund to come through, and then yes.

Jeri said...

Happy Birthday, Charles!