Saturday, March 15, 2008

Houseguests

And speaking of storms, Trish left last night for a two week training mission with her air force reserve unit, so her cats, Bruce and Amelia, are back to visit and they weren't too thrilled with the wave of thunderstorms that crossed my neck of the woods this morning. At the first big boom they both ran back to the bedroom and got under my bed. Bruce is back in action now, but Amelia, older, wiser, and more skittish, is still staying close to the bedroom.
Otherwise they both passed a quiet and uneventful first night. Amelia is, as always, stand-offish at the moment, but she always takes a couple of days to acclimate. Bruce was at home within fifteen minutes and spent what little time he slept last night curled up by my hip. Right now he's perched on the window sill, menacing the local birds in the tree outside my windows. It always takes me a couple of days to get used to having living things in the apartment. I keep catching movement out of the corner of my eye and have to remind myself that I have guests.

No comments: