Monday, April 28, 2008

I had what John D. MacDonald would call a slob weekend. Barely left the apartment. Didn't shave for three days. Hung out and read and watched DVDs and played on the internet. Just couldn't think of much I wanted to do. The bookstores have been such a disappointment lately that I didn't even bother making my usual Sunday morning run.
Of course this morning I paid for not shaving. I have the unfortunate combination of a very tough beard and fairly sensitive facial skin, so I basically had to scrape the whiskers off my jaw this morning. Razor burn, anyone? I should never go more than one day without shaving.
Overall the weekend was dull but fairly pleasant. I wouldn't want too many like that in a row, however. Makes me think too much of Kris Kristofferson's lyric, "freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose."

No comments: