Thursday, May 22, 2008

Four Day Weekend

Looking forward to a four day weekend this week. Got Memorial Day off so I figured I'd take Friday as well and get a long weekend out of the deal. Longtime readers of this blog have probably noticed that I always try to take advantage of Monday holidays in this fashion. We only work half days on Fridays at my job so it works out. Four hours of vacation plus holiday equals Four Day Weekend.
Basically I don't take a lot of full vacation days. I tend to take half days. A lot of this has to do with the fact that I don't particularly enjoy sleeping in, so being off in the mornings holds little attraction for me. I figure I might as well go in to work, put in four or five hours and take the afternoon off. That way I still get the better part of the day and my vacation time lasts twice as long.
Now obviously if I actually travel somewhere I take entire days, but I'm rarely gone from work more than three days in a row. I usually plan my vacations to partially include a weekend. It's not that I'm such a dependable employee, it's just that it saves vacation time I might want to use for something else.

No comments: