Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


Been out for breakfast with my parents, my brother and his family, for Mother's Day. We ate at the IHOP in Woodstock, which is usually pretty good, but this morning the pancakes were heavy and rubbery. Didn't matter. We still had a good time.
I gave mom the DVD of the 1959 Disney film Darby O'Gill and the Little People. This was the first movie in which mom saw Sean Connery and he has been her ideal man ever since. I can remember being scared stiff by the "death coach" in Darby O'Gill when I saw the film in re-release when I was a wee lad. The spectral coach with its ghostly driver, sent to carry off the souls of the dead, was very creepy to a four year old. Actually, the concept is still pretty creepy, because you got to figure, ole man Death will gladly stop for you.
Anyway, mom was very pleased with the gift, so I did good. Now I'm home, trying to figure out what I want to do for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Brenna Briggs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.