Monday, June 23, 2008

Restless

As always, traveling makes me restless. A week now since I returned from Santa Fe and I'm still having trouble settling back down to my routine. As I noted below, I spent the weekend pretty quietly, reading and studying and getting back to my normal existence, but the lure of far places beckons and I wish I was jumping on a plane to head out again. If I suddenly had a lot of money, I'd probably take a year or so and do nothing but travel. Seeing new places is one of the most interesting things I know of and I don't get to do it nearly as much as I'd like. I need to make a list of places I'd like to visit and re-visit and make a more serious effort at planning some trips. My passport is freshly renewed for another ten years. I get a decent amount of vacation time at my job. Mostly a matter of planning my time and finances. But for today I'm stuck, gazing at far horizons, and wishing I was someplace else.

No comments: