Monday, June 30, 2008

Weekend Report

Not a terribly eventful weekend. Had lunch with Brian on Friday and got caught up on events in his life. Saturday I was around most of the day, reading and drawing. I don't own a scanner, which is why none of my artwork has shown up on this blog. Maybe I'll get one at some point so I can put up some stuff.
I read the last of Manly Wade Wellman's Kardios stories, so I'm officially out of those. A pity there weren't more. Just about finished with the stories in the Wellman collection Lonely Vigils as well. That's the trouble with discovering an author after he has passed away. When you're out of stuff, you're out. Then again there are authors still living whose work I've given up on, so there ya go.
Sunday I met mom and dad for breakfast, then stopped by Borders and browsed. They've been redecorating and rearranging stuff at Borders in Kennesaw and not for the better in my opinion. It's harder to find things than it used to be and the store almost seems set up like a maze with shelves and displays placed at odd angles. Perhaps it's meant to steer shoppers through areas they'd normally miss, but with me it has the opposite effect, in that I just get annoyed and leave. It used to have a lot more logic to it.
After that I went to Movie Stop and picked up the titles I discussed in the previous post. Didn't get around to watching any of them but I'm sure I will on the upcoming long weekend. I'll be off Thursday and Friday for the 4th of July.
Didn't play Lord of the Rings online much this weekend. Still enjoying the game but just wasn't in the mood for some reason. Think I'm still a little blah now that my vacation is over and so far nothing interesting on the horizon. Life's like that sometimes.

No comments: