Friday, July 18, 2008

Reading Report

Not a big week for reading. Read two more of the stories in Manly Wade Wellman's John the Balladeer. I'm spacing those out but they're still going pretty fast. Currently reading Reprisal by F. Paul Wilson. It's the next to the last book in his Adversary cycle, and thus, like the middle book in a trilogy, it's not as thrilling as the first book or the third because even though it contains important information and furthers the plot of the overall story, it's still something of a place holder until you get to the third final book. I mean you know the climax is still at least a book away and it lacks the feeling of potential of the book that proceeds it.
Not sure what comes after that. I might leap right into Nightworld, the final book in the series. Or I might read something completely different. I did swing by Barnes & Noble yesterday and browsed for a while but nothing really caught my attention. I didn't seem to be in a book buying mood and didn't even make it to the biography or history sections. Anyway, it's not like I don't have plenty of stuff at home to read. Just can't decide what I'm in the mood for.
I wish Nightshade Books would hurry up and get the next collection of the Complete Short Stories of Clark Ashton Smith out. I would definitely like to have some more of Klar-Kash-Ton's fiction to read. Maybe soon.

No comments: