Saturday, July 12, 2008

Saturday So Far

Started out the morning by helping a friend move a bed into her upstairs apartment. Then I went down to Trish's for a final cat-check before she gets home. Then I swung by Dr. No's and dropped off a DVD I'd promised to loan to Julie. After so many selfless deeds, I felt that I deserved a pizza. So I picked one up at Mellow Mushroom and ate it while I watched Ruby in the Smoke, a mystery based on a Phillip Pullman novel and starring that former Tardis cutie, Billie Piper. The movie didn't make a lot of sense but it had a lot of nice Victorian Age period detail and Billie looked quite fetching in her bustles and cinched waist Victorian finery.
Now I'm trying to decide what to read next. I have the new Robert Crais, Chasing Darkness. I have Reprisal, the penultimate volume in F. Paul Wilson's Adversary cycle. I've been eying Legion From the Shadows, which is the last thing by Karl Edward Wagner I've yet to read. It's a Robert E. Howard pastiche starring Howard's Pictish hero, Bran Mak Morn. Kind of been saving it for a rainy day. We'll see.
Anyway, that's Saturday so far.

No comments: