Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Trish is out of town, but only for a few days so rather than bring the cats up to my place, I'm just stopping by her condo to check on them. I spent the night there last night to give them maximum company time. Bruce appreciates it, and I suspect Amelia does as well though she maintains her aloof cat pose.
Anyway, this put me near the Krispy Kreme Donut store on old HWY 41, right past the Big Chicken, near the old K-Mart. You all know where that is, right? So I swung by and picked up donuts for the office. Now unless you've ever had a Krispy Kreme glazed donut directly off the conveyer belt, still hot and melt in your mouth soft, you've never really had a Krispy Kreme. Grocery Store versions do not compare.
They were running a little late getting the place open when I got there at 6:00, so they didn't have the donuts quite ready. The young man behind the counter asked if I minded waiting about five minutes and I said not at all. We chatted a bit, then I took a seat and waited. A little bit later he brought me my two boxes of donuts. When I got to work, there were not twelve but fifteen donuts in each box. I thought that was a nice gesture. See? It pays to be polite.

No comments: