Friday, August 15, 2008

And Now for Something Completely Different.

While I seem to be on a writing roll I'm moving on to another story. Since I finally wrote a traditional sword & sorcery story I think I'm going with the next genre piece I've been meaning to get around to. Namely a jungle lord story. Way back in one of my first posts here I mentioned that I've always wanted to write a Tarzan story, but since the character is trademarked and I don't really want to do any more fan fiction, I've decided to go the way of Ki-Gor, Kazar, Kioga, Jan, Jann, Sheena, Lord Grandrith, Jongor, and Kaanga, and just make up my own jungle lord.
Thus I am now working on a tale featuring Rakar the Jungle Lord. Rakar's got a nice little gimmick that helps to separate him from the herd of Tarzan wannabes, but I won't mention what that is here. I'm also planning to cross genres since I had an idea several years back called Tarzan and the Elf Lords. Now it's Rakar and the Elf Lords. Should be interesting...

No comments: