Monday, August 04, 2008

Back to School

Another of those strange mornings when I'm not exactly off but I'm not going to work. My job is paying for me to take an AutoCad class. Sort of a refresher. I've been drafting with the program since 1994 but AutoDesk, the company that makes it, keeps updating and changing it and it doesn't really work the same as it did back in the day. Been about three years since I took a Cad class so I'm sure I'll learn a few new things. On the other hand I'll probably have to go through a bunch of stuff I already know.
The main thing is, this class is the first step toward AutoDesk certification, which is sort of the Holy Grail of AutoCad users. You need it if you ever want to teach AutoCad which is something I've been thinking about more and more the last few years.
The only downside to the class, which is today and tomorrow, is that it's at Southern Polytechnic School down in Marietta and it begins at 9:00 and ends at 5:00 which will put me into rush hour traffic both ways. Joy. I can probably use back roads most of the way, but I'll still end up sitting in traffic for a while, which I hate. I'll probably leave fairly early this morning and just find a restaurant or something close to the school where I can have breakfast and sit and read. And come to think of it, I should take an audio book for the drive. Everything's better with with books.

No comments: