Saturday, August 02, 2008

"It's always been good."

Today is my parents 50th wedding anniversary. They didn't want a party. Tonight dad is taking mom out for a nice dinner and next weekend they're driving down to Savannah for a few days. After all these years they'd still rather hang out with each other than with anyone else. They are still each other's best friend.
I had lunch with my dad yesterday and we were discussing his 50 years of marriage and he said, "It hasn't always been easy, but it's always been good."
So Happy Anniversary mom and dad. Of the countless important things you've taught me, one is that love can last and that sometimes people really do live happily ever after.

2 comments:

Lanny said...

Congratulations to your folks - some of the best people I've ever known. God bless them!

Chris Roberson said...

Belated congrats to your parents.