Wednesday, August 20, 2008

PROTECT

Any of you who know me well know that the only charities and organizations that I regularly donate time and money to are those concerned with the protection of children. Somebody else will have to save the whales or the redwoods. My pal Andrew Vachss has recently pointed me toward Protect: The National Association to Protect Children. It's sort of like the NRA except the folks are lobbying to prevent the abuse and neglect of kids. They've already helped to push some worthwhile child protective legislation through. They're a nonpartisan group, so whatever your politics, you can still get behind the effort to protect children. If you get the chance, check Protect out at http://www.protect.org/
I've already joined up. Kids can't vote so politicians tend to ignore issues related to them. But they can't ignore the folks at Protect. I'll get off my soap box now.

No comments: