Saturday, November 01, 2008

Blogiversary

I started Singular Points on November 1st, 2006, so here I am two years later and still blogging. I notice that this year I've fallen off somewhat. In 2007 I averaged a post a day. I'll fall short of that by about a third for 2008. I think this is mostly because in the first full year of the blog I was still caught up in the newness of blogging and I would write a post about anything that occurred to me. That's sort of worn off, so now I'm usually only blogging when I actually have something to say. My posts have grown longer but fewer as a result.
It's funny because knowing that I'm a writer, many people assumed that I've always kept a journal. Nope. I like to write fiction but I was never interested in any sort of diary or journal. So a blog has been a new experience for me. I've tried to balance it out with posts about what's going on in my life, book reviews, and the occasional essay. Back when I belonged to an APA, (amateur press association) I always treated my apa-zine like a small magazine rather than a journal. That's pretty much what I've done here as well.
Anyway, I'm still enjoying having the blog, so I'll be around for a while. Thanks to everyone who's shown interest in my ramblings. Hopefully I'll continue to have some stories and such that are, as Sherlock Holmes would say, "not without their singular points of interest."

4 comments:

Lanny said...

I check your blog almost every day. Keep 'em coming!

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Thanks, man. I'll be around.

lk said...

I always wondered how you came up with Singular Points. "Good title!" ;)

gb said...

Your blog is now at the top of my priority list of blogs. You always give me something to think about and tell me about things I haven't found elsewhere. If that's your old 'zine mentality shining through, keep up the good work!

Gail, aka Dogma