Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Slight Glitch

The killing didn't begin quite as quickly as hoped. When I got home from work at 5:00 and turned the computer on and logged in to LotR Online, there was a notice up from the developers saying they had to bring the servers down from 5:30 to 7:30. As you can imagine, after waiting all day to try out some new stuff, I was not thrilled.
However, once I DID get in, I did have fun checking out one of the new areas and killing some new monsters. It was kind of funny because I saw more people in one area than I've ever seen. Everyone was excited to have new places to adventure. A couple of places you almost had to wait in line to kill certain enemies. I didn't mind. There was a lot of good natured chatting on the OOC channel. Apparently a lot of people who hadn't played in a while were returning for the new release. As one player noted, "This is like a high school reunion!"
I didn't run into anyone I knew however, so I just soldiered on, killing all the enemies who came my way. managed to level Kharrn about halfway to the newly available level 51. With any luck I can actually get him there today. That's supposing that the servers are up when I get home...

No comments: