Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Snowy London

I've mentioned before that London England is my favorite city in the world. Were I a wealthy man I would live there at least part of the year. So as you can imagine. I've been absolutely fascinated by the weather reports as London has been blanketed by at least six inches of snow, with more forecast. I've been watching the videos from the BBC which include children building snowmen in the parks and at least one stalwart young man snowboarding down some of the city's steeper streets, dodging parked cars and trash cans.
I certainly sympathize with anyone who is trapped in the airport or stuck away from home, but at the same time I won't deny that I'm enjoying all the pictures and videos of snowbound London, strangely beautiful with its Gothic architecture covered in white. My screensaver is a lovely shot of Big Ben's clock tower, laden with snow and standing sentinel under a pewter colored sky.

1 comment:

lk said...

It's great!

Just wait till it melts though.

Heh, my word is "chorses." That must be like mucking stalls and picking hooves.