Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Real Kharrn


The other day I was helping a fellow Lord of the Rings Online player do some quests, and after we waded through a mass of bad guys he asked me why I didn't wear any armor. I told him to hold on a second and toggled off Kharrn's 'Conan' outfit to show him what my avatar actually looked like.
That's the real Kharrn on the left in the picture above, bristling with heavy armor, most of it supplied by my pal Nav who gets more high level armor than the knows what to do with in his various raids and instances. I was surprised that my fellow player didn't know about the outfit screen which allows you to have two cosmetic outfits besides your actual appearance. Some folks, far more interested in fashion that me, have some very ornate outfits they can switch to. I have real Kharrn and Conan Kharrn. It's nice because I can reap the benefits of the heavy armor, but still look like my favorite barbarian. So there ya go. The real Kharrn.

2 comments:

Brett Brooks said...

Are you allowed to have a cosmetic outfit and still get the benefits of the armor? If that's true, man does WoW need that sort of thing...

Charles R. Rutledge said...

Yeah, my armor is there and doing its thing no matter what I appear to be wearing.