Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Silent History

Wow, I've gone almost a week without blogging. What can I say? Things are slow. I've been reading a good bit, but it's been all non-fiction and short stories. Working my way slowly through the Joseph Payne Brennan collection The Feaster from Afar. Lots of great stories in there, but I've blathered on about Brennan enough lately. I've already mentioned the Kit Carson book.
After several weeks of being extremely busy at work, things have slowed down so nothing to report there. I'm just in one of those lulls that pop up in life on an annoyingly regular basis.
The one interesting thing I have going on at the moment is a short story contest I'm joining over at Michael Moorcock's forum. It's not really a contest since there's nothing to win, but a bunch of the writer types who hang there are all going to write stories based on a randomly generated title. The title we all got is 'The Silent History'. Now all I have to do is think of a plot that fits that title. Shouldn't be a problem for the plotting machine. It should be interesting to see what different types of stories we get from the same title. The story can be in any genre and has to be between 6000 and 10,000 words and we have three months to finish. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: