Sunday, July 05, 2009

Weekend Stuff

So the long weekend didn't go quite as I'd thought it would. I really figured I'd spend three of my four days off alone doing various projects, but my dad wanted to go to lunch Thursday and then my pal Brian wanted to go to lunch on Friday and my brother had a cook out Saturday, so a lot larger chunk of the weekend than anticipated was spent socializing. I'm fine with that. These are all people I like to see. I enjoyed all the get-togethers. But it did cut down on the alone time.
So here I am late afternoon on Sunday trying to cram a lot of stuff in. I did a lot more writing on The Silent History but I'm not sure how much of it will end up in the final version. I seem to be getting a bit derailed. We'll see how that goes.
I read a short story by Walter Mosley and one by Rex Stout. I enjoyed both and may read another Mosley before the day is out. I need to wash a few dishes and put in a load of laundry. I may have some iced coffee here in a bit and probably an omelet for dinner. All and all not a bad weekend.

No comments: