Monday, August 31, 2009

Starting Over

Well despite the fact that I like certain aspects of my sword & planet short story, Slavers of Trakor, I have decided, after much editing and rewriting, that it isn't suitable for its intended purpose. Basically the story structure is weak. Therefore I have begun another s&p story today, with the working title of A Candle for Miraj. The new story features the same protagonist and the same world as Slavers so a lot of my work is already done in terms of world building and such. I already know a lot more about Trakor than I did when I began Slavers and I'm keeping Candle in continuity with Slavers in case I can ever think of a way to salvage the earlier story. But hey, I said I would finish Slavers and I did. And I'll finish the new one too.

No comments: