Saturday, January 09, 2010

No Sale


If you had told me a year or so ago that I would be taking a pass on a hardback collection of all the Roy Thomas/Barry Windsor Smith issues of Conan, I'd have called you crazy. I have long wanted just such a collection. But such is the case. I won't be buying the new, two volume Dark Horse collection of those tales.
When the project was first announced last year I was very happy, especially when the press release stated that the coloring for the book would be returning to the original comic book palate. I wasn't overly thrilled with a lot of the recoloring for the Dark Horse trade paperback collections of the Marvel Conan series.
Then a later press release said that Dark Horse had decided to just stick with the colors from their trades. I've already bought that coloring once, so no hardbacks for me. A lot of other comics fans I've talked to have said the same. Be interesting to see what kinds of sales the books get.

No comments: